TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
“THE COMPANY” is Intercom repair being the organisation responsible for the design, installation, maintenance and/or monitoring of the installation which is the subject of this Contract, sometimes referred to as “our” or “we” in these Terms and Conditions.
“THE CUSTOMER” is the person or organisation being a signatory to this Contract, sometimes referred to as “you” or “your” in these Terms and Conditions.
“THE PREMISES” are the Premises set out in the Specification.
“THE INSTALLATION” is the installed system defined in the Specification.
“INSTALLATION STANDARD” is the standard to which the equipment is to be installed and/or maintained, together with any other formal requirements stipulated as a condition of the regulatory body by which the Company is approved.
“CONTRACT” means the Quotation, Specification, Maintenance and Acceptance together with these Terms and Conditions.
“SPECIFICATION” means the design specification which defines the level of protection, surveillance or access afforded by the security Installation. It is an integral part of this Contract.
“QUOTATION” means the proposed price for the equipment, its installation and/or maintenance and monitoring as itemised in this Contract.
“ALARM RECEIVING CENTRE” means a continuously manned remote centre to which alarm activations and/or video data are signalled and passed to the relevant response authority (eg police, fire brigade, keyholder).
“HANDOVER DATE” means the date on which the Installation is completed (notwithstanding that connection of any remote signalling is outstanding) and the Handover Completion Certificate has been signed.
“PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE” means the routine inspection of the Installation to verify that it continues to function in accordance with its Specification and to identify and rectify any items found faulty, worn or in need of scheduled replacement.
“CORRECTIVE MAINTENANCE” means the investigation and repair of faults reported by the Customer, including false alarms from intruder alarm systems.
Accepting our proposal /quote, which we will send you by email will be aceptance of this Contract when the return email of acceptance is recieved by ourselves and includes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions along with any other requirements defined in the Specification. For the purposes of interpretation, where the requirements of the Specification conflict with any clauses of these Terms and Conditions, the Specification requirements shall take precedence. All other terms and conditions not contained in or implied by the Contract are excluded. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions, either stated or implied, shall detract from the Customer’s statutory rights.
- The quoted costs may be revised if:
- you want the work carried out more urgently than agreed, or
- you change the Specification, or
- your Premises are in some way unsuitable for the equipment and this was not apparent from our original survey or there are circumstances about which we should have been made aware, or
- there are any other special circumstances we were not aware of when supplying our original quotation.ii) All telephone line installation, rental and call charges are the responsibility of the Customer.
- If you are late in paying us, we may charge you interest at the rate of 4% per year over the base rate of Barclays Bank plc from the due date until the date we receive payment. You agree to take reasonable care of the Equipment on our behalf until you have paid for it.
- If our labour or material costs increase after twelve months, we may give you two months’ notice of any increase in our annual maintenance charges.
- Installation work is normally carried out during usual working hours of 9.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday except statutory holidays. Requests made by the Customer to install outside these hours may incur additional charges. See 3(i) above.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the Quotation does not include additional work such as redecoration, carpet laying or building work, although we will take all reasonable care of your premises. Additional charges may be made if our engineers are not provided with access to doors, shutters, windows or any other areas where cables and equipment needs to be installed.
- Any equipment forming part of the installation which is not sold to the Customer, such as signalling equipment or firmware, shall remain the property of the Company and will be maintained and/or replaced at the Company’s expense unless such failure was attributed to any of the causes given in 7
- Any equipment which remains the property of the Company shall be defined in the system Specification. We reserve the right to recover such equipment on termination of the maintenance contract.
4 COMPANY’S OBLIGATIONS
- We agree to complete the installation and hand it over in good working order conforming to the Installation Standard declared in the Specification. We will always seek your agreement should changes to the specification be required during installation.
- When we commission the Installation, we will train you in its operation. When you are satisfied with the Installation, we will give you a Handover Completion Certificate to sign. We will give you a Certificate of Conformity when the Equipment has been paid for in full.
- We agree that, if any of the Equipment or our workmanship is faulty in the first twelve months, it will be repaired or replaced at our expense, including call-out, provided you let us know as soon as the fault occurs. For CAME, videx or BPT products only.
- The annual maintenance and remote monitoring facilities commence upon completion and handover of the installation and continue from year to year upon payment of charges presented until cancelled in writing giving not less than two months’ notice.
5 CUSTOMER’S OBLIGATIONS
- You agree to give us and our workers full access to your Premises to survey, measure, install, test and service the Equipment. You also agree to provide an adequate electricity supply for the Equipment to operate correctly. If our work is interrupted or delayed because of a problem with access, or the electricity supply is inadequate, we may make an extra charge. We are not liable if completion is delayed due to the unavailability of signalling transmission facilities or other circumstances beyond our control. By signing the Contract with us, you guarantee that you have full authority to allow the installation and no other consent is needed.
- You must not interfere with, or allow anyone else to interfere with, adjust, service or attempt to repair or reset the Equipment at any time.
- If the Equipment activates to the Alarm Receiving Centre, you need to let us know as soon as possible. If the Equipment needs to be reset, we may charge you at our usual rates then in force.
- You will need to let us know in advance if any third party intends to carry out work on the telephone lines within your premises, as this may affect the Equipment’s effectiveness.
- The Equipment does not belong to you until it has been paid for in full. If you do not pay the balance of the installation charge when it is due, we have the right to remove the Equipment from your Premises without notice. By signing the Contract with us, you irrevocably authorise us to enter your Premises to remove the Equipment if payment remains outstanding.
- If you cancel our Contract or a proposal which has been agreed and booked in, in less than 24 hours before a call out or installation, we may charge you for any equipment we have bought for your Premises and make a reasonable charge for admin and cancellation charges for equipment no less than 30% of the total value of the original quote.
- If the Equipment is connected to an Alarm Receiving Centre, it is your responsibility to make sure that the telephone line is working properly and the account correctly maintained.
- You need to notify us of any change in the layout of your Premises, as this may affect the effectiveness of the Equipment to detect movement or intrusion.
- You agree to permit the Company’s staff and representatives of its regulatory body (only whilst accompanied by the Company’s staff) access to the installation for the purposes of maintenance or inspection.